Parents may register their players for JHYB leagues and programs by clicking on the link found under each description. Players must be registered and paid in full prior to the first session of each program. In addition, parents and players are required to read and understand the Jackson Hole Youth Basketball Handbook and indicate they have done so when registering for our programs.
JHYB is a non-profit organization. Registration fees cover operational expenses including coaching, officiating, jerseys, tournament registration, gym fees and program administration. Fees paid for participation in JHYB programs are non-refundable. Exceptions will be considered only under extenuating circumstances and will require approval from the Board of Directors.
JHYB coaches are committed to providing a positive, healthy, safe and enjoyable experience for our players. While this commitment is firm, it is understood that issues may arise between coaches, parents and players as to how to achieve the best experience. JHYB urges everyone to address these issues with the best interests of the players in mind. If an issue or question arises, please adhere to the following guidelines:
JHYB offers Travel Leagues for boys and girls grades 5 through 12 interested in playing at a competitive level. Players will attend team selections and rosters will be selected to create the most competitive
• The determination of team rosters will be made by JHYB program directors and coaches based upon open and fair assessments.
• In cases where the number of players and coaches allow, there will be designated "practice" teams and "tournament" teams at each age group.
• When determining tournament teams that encompass multiple age groups, JHYB coaches will consider not only individual level of competitiveness but also player’s age and long-term potential.
• In the event a player is unable to attend a scheduled team selection for illness, family emergency, or other reasonable cause, JHYB coaches will provide an individual evaluation. This evaluation may be based on a makeup assessment, and/or previously demonstrated playing experience, accomplishments, leadership, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
• Players may not “play up” or “play down” from their level unless it is an extreme case and approval has been received from the coaches at both levels as well as the Executive Director.
• Playing time during games is earned and may not be equal. The determination of playing time will be based on which players together create the most competitive team. Coaches will make this determination based on observation and evaluation of the players throughout the season.
• Practices are scheduled in advance and players are expected to attend all practices and tournaments. During practices, there will be ample opportunity for each player to be on the court and compete for playing time.
• While the Travel League will have a pre-determined season, there may be opportunities outside of the season to participate in an event, such as a tournament or team camp. JHYB coaches, at their discretion, may offer players opportunities to participate in these events.
• JHYB does not provide supervision, meals, lodging, or transportation to and from events. Each parent/guardian is responsible for providing meals, lodging and transportation for their player(s).
• JHYB assumes no liability for incidents relating to travel, lodging or meals and by executing the Handbook Acknowledgement, parent/guardian and player(s) release JHYB from any and all liability for any damages or injuries arising from these activities.
Parents are required to register and manage their online accounts to ensure players get the most out of their JHYB experience each season. With accounts properly configured, families will receive communications according to their preferences and complete registrations more efficiently. SportsEngine has created a Getting Started Guide that will help with questions about our website and mobile app.
In many instances, more than one parent or guardian needs to be in the loop with a child's sports life. Using the mobile app, you can add additional guardians to an account. Guardians can 1) View games and events 2) RSVP to games and events 3) Send and receive messages to coaches and team members 4) participate in team chat
Once you've created your account, add your mobile phone so you can receive text messages from your team manager or coach.
Now that you have your mobile phone on your account, make sure you enable text messaging and any other notifications.
Are you a family friend, grandparent or fan that wants to follow a specific team on the SportsEngine platform? Here is a quick guide to follow teams on the mobile app.
Do you need a second parent, other family member or nanny to get messages about schedule changes or game times? Add a second email address to forward all communications.
Do you need to send a question to your team manager or another parent about a ride? Follow these instructions on how to send messages using the mobile app.
Coaches and team managers need to know if you are going to be able to attend a game or practice. You can easily RSVP using the mobile application.
Is your team using SportsEngine Team Management to manage RSVPs, schedules and communication? This list of articles will provide you with everything you need to know for a successful season!
Access your website with a single tap from your mobile device's home screen.